PS: To avoid stack overflow in such a "multiple table.remove", I would
propose to give back only the FIRST removed element.

 (who really is interestend in seeing all the removed elements? I
think this  would be quite a bizarre wish)

And to keep compatibility with indexing in other tyipcal lua functions
(e. g. table.move, also string.sub...) I would prefer not to give the
count, but to specify the first and last element to remove, so
table.remove( liist, i, [j]).