> On May 27, 2020, at 11:12 AM, Viacheslav Usov <via.usov@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 7:40 PM Ahmed Charles <acharles@outlook.com> wrote:
>
>> Note, that is not what dry means when referring to writing. Dry writing is accurate but perhaps not engaging or creative. It’s admitting that like many references, it may not be fun to read.
>
> I admit that "dry" might mean different things to different people.
> However, it is a fact that the manual does not specify all the
> behaviors, may be incorrect and  confusing, and may contradict itself.
> Sometimes some of that gets fixed, which is good.
>
> The rest of your argument goes farther on ignoring the above fact.

It doesn’t ignore it. I just didn’t think it was relevant and still don’t:

1. I don’t believe there is a sufficiently popular second connotation of the word dry as it is used in the manual. You don’t present any evidence to support your claim that there is.
2. I’m usually fine ignoring the issue of popularity of a chosen word and meaning when done by the person using the word. Here you are instead claiming that someone else is using a rare alternate connotation of the word dry, in a way that would undermine the goal that they have when the common connotation perfectly fits their goal. That, is a ridiculous interpretation of the manual and it’s use of the word dry.

Anyways, I think I’ve said all I need to about dry writing.