On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 4:14 PM Andrea wrote:
>> AFAIK rust does not do garbage generation, I think it does some RAII
> I know. I oversimplified for the sake of the discussion. Let's say that rust is in the middle between completely manual memory de-allocation and completely automatic garbage collection.

I agree that the memory management of Rust is very interesting. And I
would really like to see something like lua using that kind of memory
management. But I know that the resulting language will be more
complex than lua, in the sense that its target will not be anymore an
embedding scripting language. You can not ask to annotate lifetimes of
variables in a wireshark script!