Andrea:

One thing first. Your noheaders, top posting email style makes this
exchange extremely hard to read, at least for me.  I've caugt this one
by chance.

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 11:03 PM Andrea <andrea.l.vitali@gmail.com> wrote:
> Absolutely agree - this is why I am using C with no dynamic allocation at all - and other people is using Ada/Spark when they need more flexibility and correctness proofs

Agree to what? Garbage collection is problematic? ( see, this is why I
do not topst and IMNSHO you shouldn't )

> Incidentally, you have touched the other topic which I find interesting: garbage collection - who knows if there is a way to make it automatic as it is done in Rust?

AFAIK rust does not do garbage generation, I think it does some RAII
like stuff. I may be proven wrong, but although lua has had its share
of breaking changes, getting rid of garbage collector would break many
major components. And also it will go against the spirit of being a
friendly language for people who are not experts.

Rust is touted as a systems programming language. These things are
normally meant to be used by professional programmers, it is ok for
them to trade simplicity for control. OTOH lua goes the other way, its
only structuring facility is the table, its ranges are normally closed
( which ar normally more familiar for non programmers and a hell for
programmers, amonst other for mathematical reasons ), it is value
typed, it does automatic conversion, .....

Francisco Olarte.