Dear all,

I think I owe a response here as I said I may prepare a Lua rock for
the elementary plot library.

> Sounds like something I might want to try. Is it published in
> luarocks?Is it planned to?

I have quickly investigated the process of creating a Lua rock and it
seems that it offer to compile C or C++ code but with very limited
options. I think is mostly intended for simple C or C++ code that
calls existing libraries or performs simple operations. More complex
libraries need to be compiled or installed separately and Lua rocks
just provides a thin layer to provides Lua bindings, like for example
"libui" with its lua counterpart.

So it means I may easily create a Lua rock for elementary plot but it
will require that the user first installs the library by himself. So
the core of the problem is still there because the library is not
packaged by any distribution.

I think I may not create a Lua rock and leave the evaluation of the
elementary plot library to expert users that take the time to build
and install the library. May be I can provide a small Lua shared
library that can be loaded directly from lua inside the elementary
plot project. Currently to use the Lua bindings you need to use C++ so
it cannot be done from Lua.

I am still open to suggestions of course.

Kind regards
Francesco