On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 21:04:06 +0100
Lorenzo Donati <lorenzodonatibz@tiscali.it> wrote:

> I just stumbled on this article:
>
> https://www.sun.ac.za/english/Lists/news/DispForm.aspx?ID=6628
>
> I'm not completely sure, but I think that it refers to "ours" Dirk
> Laurie.
>
> I didn't know him well, but from his posts on lua-l I think he was a
> NZ retired maths professor, so that article is probably about him.
>
> I had some arguments with him on lua-l a couple of times, but he was
> an influential member nonetheless. Moreover many of his posts were
> food for thought.

Dirk helped me out, via this list, when I was starting with Lua. He had
a very common sense attitude toward programming, was always ready to
listen, and help out those of us striving to be better at Lua or
programming in general. This is very bad news.

> Condolences to his family and to whoever knew him and considered him
> a friend.

Yes!

SteveT

Steve Litt
January 2020 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust