On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 1:28 PM bil til <flyer31@googlemail.com> wrote:

> With this topic I would NOT intend to create "libraries" in UTF8 format, or any "basic lua code".

> I am very sure that Chinese customers would LOVE to have the possibility to use Chinese variable names in their "final lua" code (NOT to be meant to be used as library).

First, there is no provision in Lua for segregation of "library" code from "final" code.

Second, the issue is not with libraries. The issue is with your every day code, which might even be what you call "final code". I certainly do not want non-ASCII variable names in my code, to avoid the problems discussed earlier, and Lua cannot segregate "my" code from "your" code either.

Cheers,
V.