To avoid misunderstandings:

With this topic I would NOT intend to create "libraries" in UTF8 format, or
any "basic lua code".

I would like to allow this just for the "final end user at the front". If I
e. g. sell some software to China, which has some configuration interface
supporting scripting, I am very sure that Chinese customers would LOVE to
have the possibility to use Chinese variable names in their "final lua" code
(NOT to be meant to be used as library).

I do not think that this really would create problems with libraries ... I
am quite sure that anybody who wants to program library functions to be used
by larger community of course would NOT use UTF8 in the code, but would use
all variables in ASCII coding... .

--
Sent from: http://lua.2524044.n2.nabble.com/Lua-l-f2524044.html