Thank you for clarification, for me this is fine :).

I think really main target are the Chinese. The "standard Chinese" really
need their writing very much, as the languages in China are extremely
different in speaking, but the language unites them - this has been in China
like this for many 1000 years... . Further from my China travels I have the
impression that the basic Chinese writing "for daily use" is extremely
efficient, takes typically much less space than western phonetic writing.

The arabic and hebrew is really very crazy ... they for sure also would like
this very much, but it is not only that the writing direction is from right
to left, but the usually numbers are written "inverse" (as western style
from left to right). This really makes it nearly impossible for those
languages to find a "perfect solution" ... but I can imagine that they anway
would like very much to see variable names in their own writing... .

--
Sent from: http://lua.2524044.n2.nabble.com/Lua-l-f2524044.html