> >A list of variables can contain at most one to-be-closed variable.
>
> This is somewhat surprising and makes it harder to work with functions
> that return multiple close-worthy resources. [...]

In our view, a function that returns multiple close-worthy resources
is a bad idea. While creating those multiple close-worthy resources,
if one of them fails, the function would have to close the previous
ones without the help of to-be-closed variables. It seems a recipe
for sloppy programming.

-- Roberto