Hi Phillipe,
please excuse that I somehow do not understand really what you are speaking
about. Maybe we somehow "talk past each other"... .

I do NOT want to change any number representation.

Also I do NOT want to extend string.pack / .unpack to include compression.
Of course compression is an important issue. But as I see it, you can NOT
implement any ideal / base compression ... because it does NOT exist.
Compression depends always VERY much of the data you have. Compressors for
large files often fail terribly for string size < 100-1000 bytes (which
might be mostly used in "smaller IoT systems data transfer" e. g. ). And an
optimum compressor for strings containing much UTF8 code, or containing much
"buffered numerical code" will look VERY different to a compressor of
strings using "typical english ASCII" code... .

... but that for use of fuzzy logic or propabalistic you have to abandon
integers or floats would be new to me. As far as I know, you can program
fuzzy or propabalistic quite nice with integers - floats ... . As far as I
know Alpha-Go is programmed in C, and this is really quite impressive... .
Maybe the things will change when quantum computing ICs arrive, but this
still might be a bit futuristic... .

--
Sent from: http://lua.2524044.n2.nabble.com/Lua-l-f2524044.html