Hi Phillipe,
of course it might be nice to extend to any other number representations.

Just I do not understand, where is the link to string.pack / string.unpack
here?

If you want to use fuzzy logic e. g. ... you for sure would not like to use
"string numbers" for this, or would you? ...

The goal of string.pack / string.unpack seen from my point of view, to pack
large and flexible number+string fields (as typically tables) into ONE
string object, and then back, and this in a very well defined and easily
configurable way... so that transmitter and receiver have a nice and defined
and simple method to exchange data.

But your question concerns "fuzzy data" / "propabalistic data" / "decoding
data with possibly 'infinite resoultion"", as I understand it ... but this
must be handled by a lua_number type for implementation into lua, not by
string.pack/ string.unpack.

Or do I mistunderstand you here completely?

--
Sent from: http://lua.2524044.n2.nabble.com/Lua-l-f2524044.html