On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 7:17 AM Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1] Please show me wrong and exhibit anotther. You'll make my day.

Lua has a lot of redundancy, just like every other modern popular language does. A single local statement with multiple variables declared can be equivalent to an arbitrary number of local statements, a single assignment statement can be equivalent to multiple assignment statements, table constructors add more variation to that, and for statements are defined in terms of bulkier "equivalent to" code. Fundamentally, all looping structures are equivalent to a bunch of if and goto statements, and I am pretty sure there is still more redundancy.

Cheers,
\V.