> On 07/31/2018 12:00 AM, Sean Conner wrote:

> Looks like we're off-topic here and just criticizing others habits
> while showing ours. So lets continue!

Good. I do not need to fork the thread.

> ... recursive functions (where you can't call itself without previous declaration).

The only [1] place in Lua where syntax sugar saves you one statement is

    local function f(...)

which is not equivalent to

    local f = function(...)

but to [2]

    local f; f = function(...)

precisely in order that recursive functions work.

[1] Please show me wrong and exhibit anotther. You'll make my day.
[2] I'm putting in the semicolon to prove that there are two statements.