I appears the problem is that you are using fancy quotation marks like “ and ” instead of straight quotation marks like ". (147 is the character code for the curved opening quotation mark.) Lua only accepts the straight quotation marks.

This most common reason this happens is if you type your code into a word processor like Microsoft Word. You should instead use a programming text editor like Notepad of Notepad++.