I think this thread looks like an ancient debate weather to use 0 or
not. Ancient people didn't use 0 at everyday business, hence 0 was
regarded as the number of God. I mean zero is the probability to
become anything. Other integers like 1,2,3... are incarnations of the
holy NUMBER itself. Zero is something different. At least ancient
people thought like this.

IMHO, there are two kind of person.

1. who start indexing from one, and
1. who start indexing from zero.

It is quite interesting to see these emails as a philosopher. So
please, please go on!

Levente