On Sun, Jan 7, 2018 at 12:12 AM, Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 12:20 AM, Viacheslav Usov <via.usov@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 8:45 AM, Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  Which, if I am reading it correctly, is saying that to succesful build a
>>> DLL in Visual Studio I would either need to mark up the entire Lua API in
>>> the header files with
>>>
>>> __declspec( dllimport ) void _lua_func_here(...);
>>
>> Which is already done through the LUA_API prefix, if LUA_BUILD_AS_DLL is
>> defined. See luaconf.h.
>>
>> You might also want to check out vcpkg: https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg.
>> If nothing else, its Lua port might be instructive.
>
> I've never seen this. Thanks for the tip. It may be interesting to see
> how they've handled various posix or gnu library requirements (or do
> they just use mingw as well?).
> It's interesting that Microsoft also uses cmake. It's also used quite
> extensively in thier dotnet core builds.
>
>>>  OR Every application (C++ only?) that is built under vs needs to be
>>> patched to use
>>>
>>> extern "C" { #include "MyCHeader.h" }
>>
>> You are confused here. This is not specific to MSVC and is indeed something
>> that needs to be done when C++ code interfaces with C code.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> V.
>
> '> print(lfs.currentdir())
> C:\Program Files (x86)\PUC-Lua\5.3.4\x86
>
> Thank you so much everyone.
>
> Russ

I'm attempting to build LuaFileSystem directly in Visual Studio and
I'm getting errors due to depreciation warnings. Before I go and turn
that off, (is there any reason to or) has there been any thought to
updating the module to use the "safer" API (strerror -> strerror_s and
the like)?

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error C4996 'strerror': This function or variable may be unsafe.
Consider using strerror_s instead. To disable deprecation, use
_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details. LuaFileSystem
c:\users\russh\git\luafilesystem\src\lfs.c 140
Error C4996 'strerror': This function or variable may be unsafe.
Consider using strerror_s instead. To disable deprecation, use
_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details. LuaFileSystem
c:\users\russh\git\luafilesystem\src\lfs.c 142
Error C4996 'strerror': This function or variable may be unsafe.
Consider using strerror_s instead. To disable deprecation, use
_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details. LuaFileSystem
c:\users\russh\git\luafilesystem\src\lfs.c 165
Error C4996 'strerror': This function or variable may be unsafe.
Consider using strerror_s instead. To disable deprecation, use
_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details. LuaFileSystem
c:\users\russh\git\luafilesystem\src\lfs.c 299
Error C4996 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe.
Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use
_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details. LuaFileSystem
c:\users\russh\git\luafilesystem\src\lfs.c 301
Error C4996 'strerror': This function or variable may be unsafe.
Consider using strerror_s instead. To disable deprecation, use
_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details. LuaFileSystem
c:\users\russh\git\luafilesystem\src\lfs.c 309
Error C4996 'strerror': This function or variable may be unsafe.
Consider using strerror_s instead. To disable deprecation, use
_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details. LuaFileSystem
c:\users\russh\git\luafilesystem\src\lfs.c 405
Error C4996 'strerror': This function or variable may be unsafe.
Consider using strerror_s instead. To disable deprecation, use
_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details. LuaFileSystem
c:\users\russh\git\luafilesystem\src\lfs.c 426
Error C4996 'strerror': This function or variable may be unsafe.
Consider using strerror_s instead. To disable deprecation, use
_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details. LuaFileSystem
c:\users\russh\git\luafilesystem\src\lfs.c 491
Error C4996 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe.
Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use
_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details. LuaFileSystem
c:\users\russh\git\luafilesystem\src\lfs.c 558
Error C4996 'strerror': This function or variable may be unsafe.
Consider using strerror_s instead. To disable deprecation, use
_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details. LuaFileSystem
c:\users\russh\git\luafilesystem\src\lfs.c 812

Thanks,

Russ