On 11/28/2017 06:59 AM, Dirk Laurie wrote:
> I'll speak for myself.
>
> Nobody writes better code than I do, when judged the way I judge it. :-)
>
> I'll occasionally require some rock, but I don't cut-and-paste code.
> [...]
> I rewrite it so that it looks the way I would have written it. Sometimes
> trivially, e.g. I put 'if type(x)~="number" then return end' on one line,
> not on three; sometimes less so.

Wow, good illustration. But I think current world approach prefers ability to
use over ability to understand.

So generally we are paid for require()'ring some hipster subsystem and
implementing "hello world" in it.

Probably it may be called "engineering style" (when you learn to connect
parts right) over "scientific" (when you try to understand how and why
part works).

-- Martin