On 26-Nov-17 01:45, Jonathan Goble wrote:
Generally speaking, Creative Commons's own FAQ explicitly recommends against using their license for software, for multiple reasons. [2] That answer further states that "Additionally, our licenses are currently not compatible with the major software licenses, so it would be difficult to integrate CC-licensed work with other free software." IANAL, so I would interpret that on the safe side to mean that no CC license is fully compatible with the MIT license (what Lua uses).

[1] (quoted footnote)
[2] https://creativecommons.org/faq/#can-i-apply-a-creative-commons-license-to-software

Uh oh... I completely missed that when, years ago, when I published a couple of works including Lua code under CC-by-sa.

(I guess it's too late do do something about it)

--
  Enrico