On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 9:44 PM, Thibault Charbonnier
<thibaultcha@fastmail.com> wrote:
> PS: new releases of Luacheck often come with new checks (like 0.19.0) that
> often end up breaking our current builds and surprising us. Maybe in the
> future, such new checks could be disabled by default to avoid such sudden
> breaking changes? You can also call me silly and I'll enforce a version
> number when installing Luacheck locally and on our CI platform :)
>
> Cheers!
>
> --
> Thibault

IMHO if you want to avoid breaking builds it's better to just pin the version.
I don't like having to look up how to enable all new warnings after each
release, it's faster to just see them in the output without any extra
configuration.
Breaking CI is an unfortunate side effect =) But pinning the version fixes that.

-- Peter