> The only thread I found about the license of Lua was one from 2002, so I
> would like to open a new one to propose a change from the current MIT
> license to ZLIB license.

Do you mean this thread?

If so, our reasons stated there remain valid.
And we have had *zero* complaints regarding the Lua license since the
adoption of the MIT license in 2002.

The spirit of the Lua license explained in the page below is well served
by the MIT license:
	https://www.lua.org/license.html

Changing a license is not something to be taken lightly.
I see no reason to change the current license.

The point about source x binary has been discussed here before:

For the record, binaries that include the Lua library unmodified already
contain this string:
	$LuaVersion: Lua 5.3.3  Copyright (C) 1994-2016 Lua.org, PUC-Rio $

See
	https://www.lua.org/source/5.3/lapi.c.html#lua_ident

--lhf