I'd be happy to have written code someone thought worthy of stealing!
Russ

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Virgin Mobile network.
From: Felipe Ferreira
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 10:15 AM
To: Lua mailing list
Reply To: Lua mailing list
Subject: Re: Proposal: change license to ZLIB license

Hi, Russ

I agree with you. I think both the ZLIB and BSDs licenses has the same *implicit* intentions that the MIT license has.

Both ZLIB and BSD gives the end-user the same freedom for modifying the software and use for whatever purpose. The only difference is how the copyright notice must be reproduced: (1) for ZLIB, the copyright must be retained in the source-code and (2) for BSD (Simplified BSD License), the copyright must be retained in the source-code and ADDED to the binary form and documentation.

In my opinion, both are better choice than the MIT, since they are much clear in their notices.

- Felipe