On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 8:33 AM, Felipe Ferreira <felipefsdev@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Paul
>
> The ambiguity in my concern does not refer to the different versions of the
> MIT license, but it is about the different possible interpretations of that
> statement (still part of the expat license). Licenses like GPL/LGPL/BSD (I'm
> not pushing any of these, especially GPL/LGPL) has, as well, different
> licenses, but they are all clearer in their statements.
>
> I *imagine* that making Lua as available as possible is on the author's
> desires, and ZLIB fits that better than MIT.

There was lots of licenses to choose from in 2002 as well. Sticking
with recognized licenses is a good idea if you are not a lawyer. I
prefer the FreeBSD License myself. In the spirit of non-copyleft free
software, I personally think the more important thing is getting as
many people as possible using your code, not telling people what to do
with it.

Cheers,

Russ