On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 12:04 AM, Felipe Ferreira da Silva [via Lua]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> The only thread I found about the license of Lua was one from 2002, so I
> would like to open a new one to propose a change from the current MIT
> license to ZLIB license. Both are popular licenses, but I think MIT is more
> like a blindly accepted license for the reason to follow. MIT and ZLIB
> licenses are very similar, however, the MIT license has this statement:
>
>>> The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included
>>> in ***all copies or substantial portions*** of the Software.

"MIT license" is ambiguous because there are so many variants.[1] The
Lua license is identical to the "MIT expat" license.

Best regards,

Paul

[1]. See <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIT_License#Variants>.

--
[Notice not included in the above original message:  The U.S. National
message.]