On 06/09/2016 20:39, Valentin wrote:
[snip]

Concerning MinGW/gcc support: from what I found on the web supporting
DirectShow via MinGW/gcc is pretty tough. I couldn't find any project
that actually does this. Qt4's phonon uses directshow for media support
on windows (code found in /src/3rdparty/phonon/ds9), but I found posts
that claimed that this can't be compiled with MinGW on windows.

Have you ever tried TDM-GCC [1]. It's a standalone windows port of GCC toolchain without the need of using MinGW and producing executable that are linked to native MS DLLs/libraries.

Maybe it can be used to compile your module with less hassle (I don't know for sure, I'm not much into Windows API programming, especially DirectShow), and would please those of us who work mainly on Windows systems, but don't want to depend on MS toolchain.

Anyway, thanks again for your support.

BTW, nice and interesting project. Welcome on Lua mailing list!

Cheers,
Valentin

Cheers!

-- Lorenzo