On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 8:41 PM, Andrew Starks <andrew@starksfam.org> wrote:
> I think that the lasting value of testing frameworks (and logging
> frameworks) is the standardized inputs and outputs (a protocol?) that
> get defined when one of them becomes popular.

Currently the situation is, as the late great Grace Hopper observed,
"The great thing about standards is that there's so many to choose
from".

Testing is an important itch to scratch, and it's interesting to see
the various approaches taken.

Anyway, we all agree that there must be testing - there can always be
more tests. For instance, new LDoc broke the Awesome VM build - it's
embarrassing when someone else's continuous integration catches things
before yours does.