> On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 4:57 PM, TW <zupftom@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I personally love XPath for querying XML.  I never tried it, but maybe
>> LuaXPath is an option for you?
>>
>>   https://luarocks.org/modules/basiliscos/luaxpath
>

> Thanks, but is that package still maintained? There is no xpath.lua file.
> I'm open to any other solutions as well.

There are several ways to load a module.

file:///usr/local/src/lua-5.3.3/doc/manual.html#6.3

(Not very easy to read, but at least you can deduce that the
absence of a modname.lua file does not imply the module is
incomplete.)

$ luarocks show luaxpath

luaxpath 1.2-4 - Simple XPath implementation in the Lua programming language.

It enables a Lua program to fetch parts of an XML using xpath expressions.

License:     MIT
Homepage:     https://github.com/basiliscos/lua-xpath
Installed in:     /usr/local

Modules:
    luaxpath (/usr/local/share/lua/5.3/luaxpath/init.lua)

Depends on:
    luaexpat