I am trying to parse an XML file (https://static.nvd.nist.gov/feeds/xml/cve/nvdcve-2.0-2013.xml.gz) and access specific elements (vuln:cve-id, cvss:score and cpe-lang:fact-ref). I am using the SLAXML library (https://github.com/Phrogz/SLAXML) to parse the file. I can access element values by specifying the exact location, e.g to access the CVSS score for the first entry run:

> return doc.root.el[1].el[12].kids[2].kids[2].kids[1].value
4.3

However, because not all entries contain the same number of children elements I can't simply rotate the element ID to access the CVSS score for the entire document. How can I access the document via element names instead? Is there a better approach to parsing out the three values I need?

thanks!