On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 11:11 AM, Pavel Drotar <gmc1@azet.sk> wrote:
> Hisham, Hisham
>
> as a creator and maintainer of Luarocks will you do something with module naming conventions?
>
> Luarocks is big help for Lua community, but it would be nice to ask module authors and maintainers they try to compile their work (specially if it is promoted as multi-platform) for themselves. I work mostly on Linux but most people I know work mostly in Windows, most of my clients also.
>
> LuaSQL-MySQL is good example. It's luarock will never compile on that weird thing called Windows. It's because bad library name in module's rockspecs file. There is no library named mysqlclient.dll in MySQL installation on Windows. Right name is libmysql.dll. Nobody even the author can compile his own module with this rockspecs and never did. Never tried that, but uploaded it to Luarocks server and someone approved it.

It depends on distribution. For example, in MXE it is called libmysqlclient.dll

I think, the most convenient way of building something for Windows is
to cross-compile it. That is why I added luarocks and several packages
(rocks) to MXE:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.lua.luarocks/5865

--

Best regards,