On 25 July 2016 at 06:07, Pavel Drotar <gmc1@azet.sk> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I created portable binary distribution of Lua 5.3.3 (32bit on Windows 10) with some batteries (I think are important IMHO) included for those who are pretty frustrated from compilation of Lua C modules on Windows and installation help from the authors. Specially I want to mention lsqlite3 module, luasql-mysql module and luasec module. Such approach doesn't help to wider Lua usage.
>
> Lua is very powerful and elegant language and not everyone who wants to learn it is experienced in C language. If you want to start your Lua adventure with latest Lua please feel free to download it. It runs even from USB.
>
> Whats included:
> lua 5.3.3
> lpeg 1.0.0-1
> lrexlib-pcre 2.8.0-1
> lsqlite3 0.9.3-0
> luafilesystem 1.6.3-2
> luasec 0.6-1
> luasocket 3.0rc1-2
> luasql-mysql cvs-1
> luautf8 0.1.1-1
> md5 1.2-1
> microlight 1.0-1
> penlight 1.3.2-2 ... perfect for studying Lua code
>
> You can find it here:
> https://github.com/is73/Lua-5.3-Portable-Batteries-Windows-10-32bit

Nice!

Given that the version numbers above include LuaRocks revision
numbers, it's fair to assume that these were built thanks to their
rockspecs. :-D So that being the case, would you consider including
LuaRocks itself in the package, making life easy for users who would
like to use it to fetch other pure-Lua modules?

Cheers!

-- Hisham