On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 4:50 PM, Eduardo Ochs <eduardoochs@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 3:06 PM, Aapo Talvensaari
> <aapo.talvensaari@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 18 November 2015 at 15:55, Nereus <codecomplete@free.fr> wrote:
>>> (...)
>>> Is there a good tool I could use in Lua to parse HTML?
>>
>> I would recommend using HTML parser, such as this:
>> https://github.com/craigbarnes/lua-gumbo
>
> By the way, anyone here knows how to _use_ lua-gumbo?
> I just tried again my scripts for downloading, compiling and
> installing gumbo-parser and lua-gumbo, which are:
>
>   rm -Rfv ~/usrc/gumbo-parser/
>   cd      ~/usrc/
>   git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/google/gumbo-parser
>
>   cd ~/usrc/gumbo-parser/
>   sh ./autogen.sh    2>&1 | tee oa
>   ./configure        2>&1 | tee oc
>   make               2>&1 | tee om
>   sudo make install  2>&1 | tee omi
>
>   rm -Rfv ~/usrc/lua-gumbo/
>   cd      ~/usrc/
>   git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/craigbarnes/lua-gumbo
>   cd      ~/usrc/lua-gumbo/
>   make              2>&1 | tee om
>   make check        2>&1 | tee omc
>   sudo make install 2>&1 | tee omi
>
> and now the "make check" in lua-gumbo passes only 2 of the tests, and
> fails the other 19 ones... anyway, I've never been able to use
> lua-gumbo for even the simplest things, like extracting the title of
> an HTML page...

Update (with thanks to Craig Barnes!):
all that was missing was an "ldconfig" to make the new library in
/usr/local/bin/ be recognized... this works:

 (eepitch-shell)
 (eepitch-kill)
 (eepitch-shell)
  rm -Rfv ~/usrc/gumbo-parser/
  cd      ~/usrc/
  git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/google/gumbo-parser
  cd      ~/usrc/gumbo-parser/
  sh ./autogen.sh
  ./configure
  make
  sudo make install
  sudo ldconfig

  rm -Rfv ~/usrc/lua-gumbo/
  cd      ~/usrc/
  git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/craigbarnes/lua-gumbo
  cd      ~/usrc/lua-gumbo/
  make
  make check
  sudo make install

  lua5.1
    parse = require("gumbo").parse
    print(parse("<title>Hello  world!</title>").title)

Cheers! =)
  Eduardo Ochs
  eduardoochs@gmail.com
  http://angg.twu.net/