An alternative, of course, is to simply ditch the whole idea and move
any projects people are interested in maintaining collectively into
their own GitHub orgs, such as http://github.com/luasocket/luasocket,
and be done with it. What exactly do we gain from having a common org?
The only ones I really see now is: (a) promoting a culture of
collective maintainership; (b) more visibility to new projects due to
being next to well-known ones in the same repo (with (a) of course
being the important one).

The most important IMHO would be an specification for building with cmake for example with standarized paths for luamodules, c_modules and lua51-52-53 modules This doesnt need an organization but a consensus on how do that in a simple and standard way

victor