Can't the existing Kepler organization [1] be used? Wouldn't that be easiest? If one of the current owners [2] (Fabio, Andre or Hisham) could create a new team for LuaSocket and Diego would hand it over...

Now who should be on that team? Diego obviously, but probably also someone else... looking at the contributors [3] there are some Lua commoners there. What is mostly needed I think is someone that can intelligently discuss PR's and merge them. Let the community do the development, if nobody codes a fix for an issue, the need isn't big enough.

Thijs

[1] https://github.com/keplerproject
[2] https://github.com/orgs/keplerproject/teams/owners
[3] https://github.com/diegonehab/luasocket/graphs/contributors