On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 3:00 PM, Roberto Waltman <techie@rwaltman.com> wrote:

> On 2/4/2015 8:36 AM, Philippe Lhoste wrote:

>> The time of 8.3 is over, fortunately.
>

> Don't recall what the default is in Windows 7, in any case, I always disable
> 8.3 support:
>    "fsutil  behavior set disable8dot3 1"
>
> --
> Roberto Waltman

[off topic]

Be careful with that. If you should ever receive extremely long file
names, the only way that I know of removing them is to find the 8.3
equivalent (`dir /X`), but that might not be a problem as perhaps your
setup makes it impossible to save those files (which would be even
better).

--Andrew