On 04.11.2014 20:31, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:

Is LUA set correctly?  Have you tried letting configure find the lua binary
without setting LUA?  Does it build from a github checkout?  Is it only luaposix
that doesn't install for you?  What about the previous release (32)? How about
other rocks that use configure (you could try my libyaml rock for example)?

Gary,

I tried the same on another system, and it worked flawlessly. So there
must indeed something be wrong with the system I tried it first. It's a
bit mysterious, as I never had such problems before. I'll look into it.
Sorry for the noise.

No problem, and thanks for letting me know that I didn't just put out a b0rken
release :)

luaposix does a lot more hairy configury than most other rocks, so I imagine
it would be easy to have something subtly wrong in your setup, and not affect
more straight forward builds at all... good luck with tracking it down.

Yeah, I tracked it down - some idiot (possibly me) had put the assignment LUA = "/usr/bin" in the file /etc/luarocks/config-5.2.lua. Grrr.

Best regards,
Bernd

--
http://sudrala.de