> On Nov 4, 2014, at 7:30 PM, Bernd Eggink <monoped@sudrala.de> wrote:
>
> On 04.11.2014 17:42, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:
>> Is there a lua binary in your path? Do you have LUA set in the environment?
>
> Yes, and yes.

Is LUA set correctly?  Have you tried letting configure find the lua binary
without setting LUA?  Does it build from a github checkout?  Is it only luaposix
that doesn't install for you?  What about the previous release (32)? How about
other rocks that use configure (you could try my libyaml rock for example)?

I'm sorry I can't be of more help.  I successfully installed from the moonrocks
server with luarocks on all of my machines (several OSes, and VMs configured for
different versions of Lua) without any problems.  I don't have anything weird in
my environments, on the contrary they are quite plain Docker containers with
just enough to support building and testing of various releases (save perhaps
a few bits from homebrew on Mac OS X VMs), so I would think that it is more
likely your setup than an issue with luaposix.  It's just a matter of eliminating
things to home in on the root cause.

Cheecs,
--
Gary V. Vaughan (gary AT vaughan DOT pe)