Well I can bundle it.

However, if every app dev does that, some are bound to forget to update
it in time (especially if it's an open-source project handled by a
single person) - might even happen to me.

I guess I'm gonna do it now, but it would be infinitely better if we
could work towards a scenario where distributors are easily aware of
security issues and then do timely patches, so we don't need to rely on
all the app devs to update Lua for themselves.

That is just my opinion though, which seems to differ with everyone
else's here. I guess there is no point for me to participate in this
mailing thread any further, I'm just going in circles by now.

I just hope you get what I'm after, and maybe one day you'll actually
think it is a decent idea. Up to that day I'll bundle a trustable Lua
myself.

Regards,
Jonas Thiem