On 23 May 2014 07:59, Marc Balmer <marc@msys.ch> wrote:

> Am 23.05.2014 um 03:52 schrieb Daurnimator <quae@daurnimator.com>:
>
>> On 22 May 2014 13:36, Marc Balmer <marc@msys.ch> wrote:
>> I have some Lua modules at https://github.com/mbalmer, the most important imo being the PostgreSQL client binding.  I would really love to see them supported in this Lua Rocks ecosystem, however, I am no expert in this area and I lack the ressources to do it myself.  I am pre-occupied with writing and maintaing the software.
>>
>> If you'd be willing to create rockspecs and maintain them for some of theses modules, that would be very welcome.  Please contact me offlist if interested.
>>
>> - Marc Blamer
>>
>> It appears that hisham was once doing this for you :)
>> https://github.com/keplerproject/rocks-scm/search?q=mbalmer&ref=cmdform
>
> Hmm, indeed.  So maybe something is not OK with how I put stuff on github, maybe someone can elighten me how I best prepare my software to make it easy to "rock" it.
>
> Should these rockspec files be kept outside the sources themselves or should I include them in the repository?

I generated some release rocks when you first asked for it a while
ago, but I don't have anything setup to automatically keep track of
new releases, or anything of that sort. Making new rockspecs based on
the previous ones isn't hard (in many cases you only have to update
URLs and version numbers), but I can't do that for everybody.

The LuaRocks repository will soon move to the MoonRocks website, so
developers will be able to upload them directly without my
involvement.

-- Hisham