On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 3:32 AM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Lua is not so afraid of verbosity as other languages.
> and generally we avoid the compressed-notation problem that way.

Again, don't agree :>  I'm not talking about adding sugar for more
concise expressions, I just think it's strange that we can't use 'end'
for some_table.end for that syntax -- it's odd that the parser
interprets it as a keyword usage there.  I'm actually saying I
consider this a problem with the parser, not that I want something
added. :>

I think you're right to fear feature cancer, but I think you sometimes
refuse to consider anything that reminds you of something
not-already-Lua.

> Besides, there are better things to do with ?  - 'safe navigation'
> operator: a?.b?.c

Hmm, I'd remove the .

Instead of:  if a and a.b and a.b.c then ... end
We'd have: if a?b?c then ... end