On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> This sits fairly early in the lexer, at the same level where
> ~= etc is found. Long before any context is known.

Perhaps because I grew up with Pascal, I've always thought keywords
were sacred words. I usually get around this one by prefixing an
underscore (_end) or title-casing (End).  I don't think the language
needs to be distorted to allow conventions from other languages to be
imported (begin/end iterators)

Moonscript allows keywords to appear unmodified in table constructors
as keys, and this is occaisionally useful when writing code about
code.  But this seems a rather small convenience for such radical
re-engineering.