Hi Paul,

the luautf8 library is not same as the lua 5.3 utf8 support: lua 5.2's uft8 support is just for UTF-8 format without any Unicode spec things. So it will not support pattern matching (which is Unicode-spec).

In my plan, I will update luautf8 to compatible with Lua5.3, and make it as a addition against routines in Lua5.3 currently. So next version I may implement all functions that Lua5.3 offers, and check it's compatible with the new C API. (though currently the API is not changed).

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 6:20 AM, Roberto Ierusalimschy
<roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

> You can check what UTF8 support is planned for Lua 5.3 by looking
> at the documentation of the current work verion [1]. It will probably
> not change much. (BTW, note that Lua 5.3 uses the name 'utf8' for
> that standard library.)
>
> [1] http://www.lua.org/work/doc/manual.html#6.5

Thanks, Roberto.

Best regards,

Paul

--
[Notice not included in the above original message:  The U.S. National
message.]

--
regards,
Xavier Wang.