Hi, all,

We've been experimenting in a NoteCase Pro development build with
adding Xavier Wang's Lua-UTF8 library [1] to embedded Lua 5.2.3, with
only one non-show-stopper noted so far (utf8.title returns the same
results as utf8.upper). Xavier's library adds, inter alia, the
following counterparts to the LuaJit and Lua 5.2.3 string libraries:
utf8.byte, utf8.char, utf8.find, utf8.gmatch, utf8.gsub, utf8.len,
utf8.lower, utf8.match, utf8.reverse, utf8.sub, and utf8.upper. Of
those, only utf8.len is added so far to Lua 5.3.0.

My question is whether support is planned in Lua 5.3.0 for any of
these functions? We anticipate upgrading to Lua 5.3.0 when it's
released and need to decide whether to wait for Lua 5.3.0 or add
Xavier's code now.

Any enlightenment appreciated.

Best regards,

Paul

[1] <https://github.com/starwing/luautf8>

--
[Notice not included in the above original message:  The U.S. National
message.]