A while back someone submitted a bug against Lua 5.2 running lunit tests... appears lunit does work now but my test assumed it was writing to global scope... which it wasn't doing for Lua 5.2... so not a huge deal there.

However, I did finally pull in the fix to allow metatables to declare that a given table was an array.
If you declare __is_luajson_array as a truthy value, the check if it is an array will pass and even if it has keys or is empty, it will be treated as an array ignoring any keys.

Rock here:
https://raw.github.com/harningt/luajson/master/rockspecs/luajson-1.3.3-1.rockspec

--
Thomas Harning Jr. (http://about.me/harningt)