To be honest I'm totally guilty for adding to the noise. I've
contributed to many open source projects in the past but in this case,
I felt what I was going for was different enough to warrant trying
from scratch after looking at the LuaBridge source. It wasn't that I
disliked it necessarily, but it was written for C++03 compilers and I
did not want that restriction. In addition, I originally wrote the
prototype as a demo for an educational series of articles on the C++11
new-ness. It sort of evolved from that concept.

The main weaknesses I'd want to address with my current code are:

1. Compatibility with 5.1 and LuaJit (pretty easy most likely)
2. Compatibility with MSVC13+ (very hard, the MSVC compilers are very
bad about certain things)
3. Make a table-like object that can be used to easily marshal table
data in and out of a Lua context.

Aside from that, there has been only a little feedback about things
people want to address and most of them have, the above things
excepting.

Also, for those who are new to the list or something, the project I am
referencing is the selene project: github.com/jeremyong/Selene