With respect to the plethora of libraries in the wiki, unfortunately,
this stems more from the general lack of discoverability with C/C++
projects as a whole. The Lua ecosystem can be more or less
self-contained but C/C++ has a lack of modules and lack of central
authority to contend with (although modules are an imminent C++17
hopeful). I'll admit it took me a while to sort through the bindings
on the page until I knew nothing was what I wanted exactly and wrote
my own.

The trouble you have to deal with (or a good thing, idk), is that
because Lua is by nature an embedded language, the community itself
will be fractured into many divisions based on the
language/vm/environment they intend on embedding Lua *in*.
Centralizing the effort for each individual faction is a little
premature considering there may be only a handful of pioneers in each
one.

That said, I do think we should try and pool together efforts where it
makes sense. I'd be interested in talking to others who have written
C++ bindings for example. Perhaps it's possible that a more inclusive
and compatible library can be converged upon with some effort. Then
perhaps the wiki can make much clearer recommendations given the
user's circumstances (for example, if you need feature x and y, use
this, if you need z, use this, if you have C++03 only, use this, if
you have C++11/14 use this, etc).