On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 12:07 PM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 6:53 PM, Andrew Starks <andrew.starks@trms.com> wrote:
>> See? This is exactly what I was hoping to get out of my post. :)
>
> Cool ;) But now that you're here, what would you like to see in a
> higher-level C API?

So, I gave him some time and he got around to reading the documentation...

> Basically, I can confess that I did llua because stack operations give
> me a headache...
>
> (You say your collaborator is a C++ programmer.  Remember that they
> never quite .. get C. They might like to look at Selene instead)
>
> steve d.

We had a short talk about it. He said it looked well thought and well
designed, although I don't have any feedback that has any meat on it.

We came to the following conclusion:

You cannot use these bindings, unless you understand the Lua C API,
because indirection makes it more difficult to figure where the fault
lies.

 Once you have a good understanding of the C API, then you can use
this and it could be very helpful. However, it has its own learning
curve and you never quite know where you're going to end up, once you
get past it. Meanwhile, because you know the base API, there is a
level of comfort in "going your own way" with whatever wrappers you
might want or need.

BTW: He did mention that once he saw that it was written by "Steve
Donovan", he decided to take some time to read it. :) So now it's on
the "Review again after our deadline" pile. Perhaps I'll be back with
better feedback, at that point.

I can't give you any because I refuse to learn C++.

-Andrew