On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 5:53 PM, Andrew Starks <andrew.starks@trms.com> wrote:
> You cannot use these bindings, unless you understand the Lua C API,
> because indirection makes it more difficult to figure where the fault
> lies.

That is a very good insight, and it's true:  I would like to recommend
this for 'casual' uses of Lua for C programmers, but when it blows up
... you are up the stack without a paddle.  And 'blowing up' is what C
is all about ;)

Also, to completely insulate a programmer from the details would be
very inefficient.  It would be framework fascism, which I dislike and
don't wish to impose on anyone.   For instance, a fully wrapped
iterator over Lua tables would generate a lot of references that would
have to be cleaned up, and that doesn't happen magically in C.

As for refusing to learn C++, this is entirely a sensible decision.  I
did go there, was a big fan, but decided that a mixture of C and Lua
is where perfection lies ;)