On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 8:48 AM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Very interesting project!  We've discussed JS->Lua translation before,
> and the consensus was that although related languages, the semantic
> differences make it hard to do properly and *efficiently*.  So I'm
> curious how they're managing that gap.

i think most previous discussions were the other direction Lua->JS, to
have Lua on the browser.

and most 'gaps' were because language features that look similar are
either more limited (hashtables) or less strict (lexical scoping) in
JS

so it could be a case where "it's hard to put the better inside the
lesser, but the other way it's almost trivial".  of course that's easy
to say here because we all know which is the better and which the
lesser ;-)

--
Javier