On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 7:39 PM, Andrew Starks <andrew.starks@trms.com> wrote:
> If you guys have enough time to hand-align code with the arbitrary number of
> spaces that are required to make things appear more aligned, then you must
> be laying down museum-quality sizzource down.

If I'm writing code that's going to be seen again in the future (read:
not one-off scripts or interactive sessions, but if I'm going to look
at it later or if it's destined for someone else) I do nice attractive
alignment with spaces as a matter of course. It doesn't take any more
time than writing the code does anyway when it's already your habit
and your editor is configured as expandtab. Pretty alignment also
helps to see bugs when you've got code that's got parallel structures;
it makes it easier to identify similarities and differences.

/s/ Adam