于 2014-1-5 20:53, David Given 写道:
On 05/01/14 01:04, Tim Hill wrote:
[...]
Aside from that, does anyone remember the origin of this 3-space
indentation convention?
I *think* it came from Visual Basic --- that's certainly where I first
encountered it [...]
(FWIW, I've never encountered the three-space Lua standard before.)

Not having much VB experience, but _my_ first meeting of the
3-space indentation style was the Verilog language (which
is not a software developing language, anyway).

And my _personal_ Lua coding style uses mostly 4-space indentation.
As personally I perfer a relatively looser coding style (white spaces
and blank lines), I feel 2-space indentation is not quite noticeble.

But I have not actually tried the 3-space indentation style in Lua,
I would not comment more. Maybe I'm gonna give it a try?